A division of Phoenix Mecano, Rose+Krieger’s RK Frameworks manufactures an extensive line of mechanical components in aluminum for assembly, automation, and production environments. Consisting of a variety of extruded aluminum beams and hidden hardware connectors, the easy-to-assemble RK Frameworks extruded aluminum construction system is ideal for building workstations, machine guards, industrial frames and production lines. The system offers design flexibility using “off-the-shelf” components and permits fast and easy assembly of permanent and semi-permanent structures without costly welding or machining.
Since RK Frameworks’ aluminum profile systems are held together with their flange connectors, there is no need for drilling holes. Rose-Kreiger's connection elements free the user from complex assembly - which enhances fast setup times.
RK Frameworks, the aluminum construction system, is ideal for use in the machine building, workstation ergonomics, and the industrial automation segments.
Key Characteristics of the Aluminum Profile System
- Material: clear anodized extruded aluminum
- Configuration: square and rectangular
- Fast assembly: standard connectors require no machining or special assembly tools
- Flexible: designs can be disassembled and reassembled as needed
- Clean connection: RK flange bracket connectors provide an invisible, right angle
- Connection – they do not interfere with the installation of accessories
- Add-on capability: numerous inexpensive t-slot connectors and accessories allow Easy addition of parts, beams, fittings, etc. to existing frames
- Applications: construction of work stations, machine frames and guards, shelving, parts feeders, machine guards, printing, and labeling stands
- Rigid design: beams are not weakened by drilling or milling to install connectors, as is required with other extrusion systems
- Twist free: forged RK flange bracket connectors, combined with RK's self-aligning t-slots, lock beams together in a tight, twist-free connection
- Wide range of aluminum profiles available, with cross-sections from 20mm to 320mm
- Maximum flexibility, with no need for mechanical machining of the aluminum profiles
- Available as bars, cut-to-length, or fully engineered assembly modules
The RK Frameworks Aluminum Construction System consists of extruded aluminum beams in different sizes and shapes joined with a variety of connectors. Doors and panels can be added. Feet, wheels, end caps and t-slot covers complete the design.
Here are a few more added benefits that have been designed into RK Rose+Krieger beams and connectors:
- Load Transmission: Secure, flush-fitting, positive-grip connectors create optimum conditions for transmitting loads.
- Rigid Design: No drilling required to install connectors. Beams are not weakened by drilling or milling to install connectors, as is required with other extrusion systems.
- Dynamic Load Absorption: RK Rose+Krieger offers dynamic load connector which flexes to absorb dynamic loads caused by vibration, and/or temperature changes. The exclusive RK dynamic load bolt has a tapered neck which flexes at the beam joints, absorbing vibration. This reduces mechanical stresses to occur only in the extrusion t-slots.
- Fast Assembly: Most connectors require no machining and special assembly tools.
- Flexible: Designs can be disassembled and reassembled as needed.
- Lightweight: Internal hollows extruded into the RK Beams reduce weight without sacrificing strength.
- Clean Connection: RK Hidden Bracket Connectors provide an invisible, right angle connection. RK hidden brackets do not interfere with the installation of accessories.
- Twist Free: Forged RK Hidden Bracket connectors, combined with RK’s exclusive self-aligning t-slots, lock beams together in a tight, twist-free connection.
- Add-on Capability: Hundreds of inexpensive t-slot connectors and accessories allow easy addition of parts, beams, fittings, etc. to existing frames.
- Dust Protection: Optional plastic snap-in t-slot strips seal beam t-slots against dust.
- Pre-Finished Surface: Anodized beam surface is corrosion-resistant, and scratch free. No additional surface finishing is required.
- Chip Collection: Grooves are designed into RK beams, so there is no clogging during connector installation.
- Environmentally Friendly: Components can be reused or aluminum can be recycled.